My photo
I have a love of life. Some may call me a cynic but I'm truly an optimistic realist. I work on the philosophy “If you expect the worst but aim for the best, you'll land somewhere that's comfortable.”

Total Blog Views

28 October 2011

Wedding Planning - Part II

Okay, maybe my last post was a little neive.

Yes indeed, it is ver easy to plan a basic, simple and cost effective wedding. However, with a year and a month to go, I feel a bad dose of “Wedding Necrotizing Fasciitis”. Which is a new condition coined by me – here and now. It's a bacterium that infects a female in the planning stages of her wedding. It starts to eat her up from the inside until it leaves her with no brain; feeling deranged and schizophrenic until the wedding is done and dusted.

I've scraped the plain theme to the wedding. I've replaced it for a modern medieval-esk theme. Or at very least in the clothing department.

The modern twist will be. Rather than televising it live on every channel world wide, We're going to film it and after editing will put it on the might power that is YouTube. I'm planning on an ITV 2 documentary style but with all things it may or may not turn out quite as I wish.

With regards to flowers, I'm looking at a small tight poesy of crimson and white flowers, variety as of yet unknown.

Colour scheme as you may guess from the flowers is, crimson and white.

As I think I said last time, I'm the one organising it all so the Crimson and white hasn't been a joint choice but a purely unilateral one on the premises – what I like Sam will like too. Plus, as a Wiccan crimson (red) can be associated with power, love and strength all of which are vital for a relationship as serious and dedicated as a marriage need to survive.White is a colour associated with purity, clarity and freshness, as I'm sure it's easy for a marriage to become, well – full of detritus from external influences thus become cluttered and unclean and very unclear.

For the invitations however, I've decided upon the rainbow flag as a main theme not only because it's a 'Lesbian” wedding but because there's many strands of life and in actual fact the rainbow flag wasn't exclusively designed for the LGBT community. I'm using it to resemble Iris, Greek Goddess of the Rainbow and messenger to the Gods, linking the sky, sea and earth along with all that lies in-between (earth, air, fire, water and spirit) the five sacred elements of the craft.

As for the reception, This will stay a simple and basic sit down meal with a few family and friends. If anyone is interested there maybe a few drinks afterwards and a few little speeches somewhere in the middle of the meal. Weather these should be filmed I'm not yet sure, let me know your opinions.

As for wedding gifts, since we've been living in love by the point of our marriage for five years, I need to find a way of suggesting a monetary gift wouldn't be lazy or crude but much more easy and useful for us.

Since the Wedding is in November I need to find both a suitable location and time for the photographer to take the wedding photos. I've got many ideas but all seem to be hampered by modernness – I.e, development not suited to the landscape.

So, the registry office has been properly booked and reserved with the rest of the cost to be paid of when the paperwork is put in which is a little silly. I don't understand why they can't just take it prior to 'lodging the paperwork”.

I've started whittering away so, I shall wrap this up and go find some IV antibiotics to try and cure the WNF before it takes over. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.

Please comment and share.

Let me know what you think.