My photo
I have a love of life. Some may call me a cynic but I'm truly an optimistic realist. I work on the philosophy “If you expect the worst but aim for the best, you'll land somewhere that's comfortable.”

Total Blog Views

2 October 2011

Wedding Planning

On TV these days you can find so many shows about wedding planning or who's wedding is the best.

The truth is wedding planning isn't hard and everyone's wedding is the best because it's their wedding.

The most important thing, that to me seems to be forgotten about when planning a wedding is: true and deep love for one another.

For example, on a British TV show called “Don't Tell The Bride” - I've heard it said several times, “he better not/do … or I'm not marrying him”. This would suggest to me the bride clearly isn't mature enough or love enough or trust enough to be married anyway.

I also don't understand why people have big fancy weddings, spending thousands if not tens of thousands on one day. I understand that they'd like it to be rememberable and perfect – these perfections are based on other people's weddings or tradition. The most perfect day for me will be when I'm stood in front of the Registrar with my FiancĂ©e beside me. While our families and friends witness us declare our true love for one another and make our relationship a legally binding contract thus making it a serious and legally recognised relationship. This is not to say a relationship that hasn't been legalised isn't serious.

Some may go as far as saying a marriage is only true if it is held in a religious place. I personally believe that the Gods and Goddesses/”God” or whoever you believe in, wouldn't of guided you that way if it wasn't supposed to be special.

As it stands we can't have a religious ceremony even if we wanted but that's a different post. So, we've selected our Registry Office and date which was easy. We've also selected our reception venue and our guests. We're keeping it small to just close family and friends so our trouble was deciding who we weren't inviting – not that we know many people or have many friends – but it only took us a day or so. It then only took the next day to book both things.

The clothing for the “big day” was a little more complicated, would it be traditional dresses or trouser suits or maybe something else? We've now opted for a maxi skirt suit as it's going to be in late November so warmth is key. The colour was also decided upon, cream/ivory. I wanted pink but then I realised this would be pretty unoriginal considering it's a “Gay Wedding” and blue which Sam wanted was also unoriginal for a “Lesbian Wedding'.

However, we're going for pink and white flowers and rainbow bits and pieces for the reception along with the twin brides on top of the cake.

There's not much more than that to arrange vehicles is easy PINK LIMO if we have enough if not then it's fine we'll walk or get a taxi. As for wedding favors we're going to have little goodie bags like at a child’s party.

Easy as pie. We've come to a rough price of around £1,200 all included.

As for the honeymoon this isn't vital and will probably just be done at a later time.

Just watch my other half contradict everything I've just said in the comments section lol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.

Please comment and share.

Let me know what you think.