If you're a Hotmail® user the chances are you get a fair bit of “junk' mail – of-course there's all those notifications from the Social Networking sites that we are all on.
To keep your 'inbox' clear as possible follow these easy steps:
- Login to your Hotmail account.
- Click on options which is just under the drop down menu with your name on it.
- Click “More Options” at the very bottom of the options drop down.
- Under the heading Customising Hotmail Click on “Rules for sorting new messages”.
- Click on the New button to start the Rule maker, as I call it.
Here you can setup just about any Rule you can think of.. You can even set it up to delete messages that are advertising those special pills for men with erectile disfunction before they hit your mail box.
I have it setup to do just that. I've also got rules setup to put all my Twitter notifications in one folder and all my eBay messages/notifications etc in another folder.
If you know the exact e-mail address you want to block, from the More Options page you can select Safe and Blocked list. It's simple just put the address in and WAMB they're blocked.
I hope this helps at least one person.