My photo
I have a love of life. Some may call me a cynic but I'm truly an optimistic realist. I work on the philosophy “If you expect the worst but aim for the best, you'll land somewhere that's comfortable.”

Total Blog Views

24 August 2012

DVD vs Blu-Ray My Views


Some may say it's because I'm a skin flint but others would say and correctly it's because I was sceptical about the hype.

However, I've now upgrade to Blu-Ray.

Why? As a blind person you'd think it'd be pointless upgrading but – I retain some functional vision and with this I can see the difference between DVD and Blu-Ray. Also there seems to be a substantial difference in audio quality too.

With DVD the colours are more pronounce, vivid and bold. Although you know they are real people, you also know the colours aren't quite natural.

With Blu-Ray, the colours are less of everything above thereby giving a more natural look. The increased resolution gives a much sharper and window like image.

The audio is slightly less tiny. I know this can be down to the equipment the audio comes out of but, with DVD, I found the sound levels weren't set the same way as with Blu-Ray.

Since it's been sometime now after the launch of Blu-Ray you can get a reasonable Blu-Ray player for roughly the same price as a good DVD player. The best deals as ever are to be had on the usual sites eBay and Amazon and such like.

Of course, to put my claims to test you can buy a triple play movie and compare the quality between, DVD/Blu-Ray and Digital (on the computer).

Now, with Blu-Ray Player and an external Blu-Ray drive you can now even play Blu-rays on Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.

Please comment and share.

Let me know what you think.